After taking care of the kids, house, and working we sometimes put each other the last in line. He knows and I know that it's really not that way in my heart though. Regardless what he knows, here are a few things I know about this amazing man!
First and foremost I start with fatherhood. It suits him better than anything I've ever seen him do. He's a wonderful and present father. I list this first because it's the most important thing in the world to him, and it's evident in his actions. Our kids know they are loved, learn from him, and have a complete blast with him!
He comes home from work with arms rubbed raw from machines and covered in sweat and exhaustion from 12 hour days in 110+ degree temperatures, with a smile on his face because he put in a hard days work for his family. He takes great pride in what it does and it shows in his workmanship and people recognize it. You reap what you sow.

He's the life of the party, the goof of the bunch. He knows how to take a joke, and for sure how to dish them out. He's natually funny and people are drawn to his personality. Just don't get him going because you might not get him to stop! :) I'm pretty sure his motto is, it's all fun and games til someone gets their toe ran over or hit in the balls, then you just have to laugh about it!
He's the chef at our house and one of the best cooks I know, not afraid to try new things. I have so many pictures of our dinners because they are so good I never want to forget them. A bucket list goal is to own a restaurant some day!!
He's Mr. Fix it. Anything I have broken there's nothing a little googling or tinkering can't fix. Like the time a sock got stuck in the washer, or I sucked a straw up with this vacuum, OR when I accidentally ripped the cold water faucet off the bath so it shot out like a fire hydrant.
He's one of the most skilled dancers I know. Seriously knows how to bust a move!
He's one of the most dependable people I know. I may nag at him for a week to do something on a 'honey do list' but there's not a question if something is urgent for no matter who it is, he's there.
So in summary I have my own personal best friend, chef, goofball, handyman, and nerd - he's the love of my life! Does it get any better than this? I think not. 
Love you baby, Happy Birthday!

Aww I loved this!! He is definetly one of our favorite people!!! You all are!! :) Happy birthday Adam!
ReplyDeleteI laughed until I had tears in my eyes when I saw the 'For a minute there you bored me to death.' picture.
ReplyDeleteTruth be told...
Our families were in Tennessee and we stopped at the store to pick up a few items. Pretty much two or three things apiece. We all went our separate ways so the stop would be quick.
Adam went into the store with a list of:
1. Diapers
2. Spaghetti - O's
3. Swim Trunks
He came out of the store with:
1. A black ' For a minute there, you bored me to death' t-shirt.
I figure he went to the men's apparel department for the trunks and got distracted. Happy with his purchase and eager to share (especially with his wife), he forgot about the other things on his list.
I could have done the same thing.
Happy Birthday Adam!