Monday, March 15, 2010

The new norm.

Well, differing from my last post I have been very inspired to blog, however, there haven't been enough hours for me to do it!

We have a new norm and we all love it!

I absolutely love my new job! Love.Love..Love...it!!

I have been being an old lady and going to bed at a 'decent' hour simply because my brain has to work so hard to comprehend! I knew being in the accounting department would be a serious job, however, I underestimated my responsibilities a little I think. It's very important and I have a lot of decision making to do in pricing and accurate invoicing. That being said, I am a total lover of meticulousness and organization, and this company's got it!

Everyone is SO wonderful, respectful, and friendly! I have a trainer who's been there 23 years and she's a total doll! I got to meet every single person in the office, and got a tour of the huge, (and amazing) facility on Friday. Thursday was the 'monthly company picnic' and I got to attend, where the owner addressed the whole plant about the company's status and provided us with a footlong sub, chips, and soda from subway, as well as a blizzard!

I just really have not enough great things to talk about with it, and, I trained the first couple days and actually had my hands on it by Thursday and Friday. Of course she is double checking me and will be for some time, but I have a good grasp on what's expected!

As excited as I am for this job, it doesn't hold a candle to the way I feel about the babysitting situation thus far! My kids absolutely love their new babysitter and friends they have! This really means the world to me! I couldn't actually work if I didn't know that they were well taken care of and happy. Everyday, Wyatt has been so happy to go, no tears at all...until I pick him up, which he tells me to go away! Trust me, it doesn't hurt my feelings, he's happy once I tackle him into his car seat, (it's just a matter of getting him there)!

They have brand new friends, Emmersyn is doted on by the little girls and Wyatt's new buddy CJ plays trucks with him (and has been known to lock Wyatt in the closet once ha!). They've been doing great going to bed early and rising early. It amazes me how my kids have lived kind of a sheltered life with no real routine how they can be just as adaptable in this completely different situation! They are the best!

As for Adam, I'd hinted about a job opportunity, well, it didn't go through. He actually applied where my dad works, had an interview (3 guys firing questions at once for 40 minutes), thought he did great (and did) but they decided he was a flight risk with 2 backups - Bridgestone and Welding. They saw too much potential in him to stay there for too long. Totally understandable and actually a blessing I think. It wasn't an ideal situation but we were excited at the opportunity, it's a great company. It forced us to take a step back and really look at what we need and want, gave him great interview experience, and kinda threw him back out into the job market again.

He's just finished the first portion of the semester and is feeling really confident. Luckily right now welding jobs are out there, whereas 3 months ago, they were not! So we've been keeping our eyes open! He's on Spring Break this week, probably the last one of his life :), not hitting up any beaches but being right where he loves with his babes, being Mr. Mom this week! Ha! It's a nice break for the kids after their first grouling week, it's been quite an adjustment, in which we'll have to start all over with again next week!

This is our new life, and I feel so blessed with the changes we have made and SO thankful, and happy!! :) I definitely feel like we're moving in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment