Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I love you Turkey burger.

The A-Browns have a new obsession, it's Turkey.

I blogged 3 months or so ago about how we got a gym membership, etc, going to get healthy, etc.
Well, I never really kept up on that, we did good, then for about a month we were so busy we rarely found time to go to the gym.

A couple of weeks ago we realized that we needed to do something more than just workout.
Around the same time we watched the movie Food, Inc (highly recommend viewing!) and we are trying to re-vamp our eating habits.
By re-vamp, I mean a lifestyle change, like they say you have to.

We're not really 'counting calories', rather, 'being aware of them'.
And we're trying to cut way down on fast food (which is good for our pocket book and waist line!)
We haven't had fast food in 3 weeks.

We are big eaters, we love to do it, make big ol' not good for ya meals and portion control was a huge part of that. It's amazing what a service is and what we were eating. Restaurants and food packaging make it so tricky!

We watched the biggest loser and they said by just substituting turkey for ground beef, you cut your calories in HALF! We were very leary so we tried it in chili, couldn't tell the difference! So a burger, really tasty, tonight in spaghetti!

The first few days we were soooo hungry, I was almost in tears, okay I was in tears. I was starving and after 3 days I stepped on the Wii Fit and it said I'd gained 2 lbs. I was so mad!
But we've stuck with it and I am so excited because in two weeks Adam has lost 7 lbs, I've lost 6lbs!!

We each have different weight to loose, Adam's being layoff weight, mine being 2 pregnancies weight (I never got down after Wy, and added Em to the mixture). But having Adam and I both on the bandwagon is exciting, a new way to feed our family! It's kind of ironic because doctor Hoganson last week told us Emmersyn is going to have to be on a light diet, nothing much but not a lot of fat, be it fried foods, etc, in order to keep her MCADD not being an issue, so it gives us that much more will power!

No comments:

Post a Comment