Friday, October 9, 2009

DA BEARS

Over at Kelly's Korner it's show us your life Friday!

Today's theme is:
Show us your favorite team, your favorite traditions, how you tailgate, etc......

At the Brown household by FAR our favorite sport is FOOTBALL!
We are die-hard CHICAGO BEARS FANS!
Bears Pictures, Images and Photos
Every Sunday we get all dressed up in our Bears gear!
Eat Football snacks!
Yell at the TV!
And hope for a Bears WIN!
{This season has been exciting so far!}
I LOVE #96 Alex Brown (his jersey says A. Brown - same as Adam &I! We have it in blue & white)
I actually love them all and call them by name like I know them!
We went to Bears Training Camp this summer with Christin & Adam and we're making that our new tradition every summer, it was so fun!
One of these days we HAVE to go to a game just to experience it!
Bears won the superbowl the year I was born, my mom swears up & down I had a special bears outfit that I wore every game they won - the two games they lost, I was not wearing it! The year I got married (2006) they went to the super bowl, we were thinking it was destined to be but they didn't win..When Wy was born my parents passed the special outfit down to him, still didn't work...Now that Miss. Em is here we're going to try our luck again! It's a fun little tradition anyway!

Our other LoVe:

CUBBIES!
Cubs Pictures, Images and Photos
{much to my father's dismay}
We love to watch the games
I have a bazillion shirts and Love to dress Wyatt in cubs gear!
I've never gone to a game but that is something that is on my 'bucket list'!

::Those are our two main teams but we support ALL Chicago teams::
Blackhawks Pictures, Images and Photos
I got to go to a Blackhawks game when I was young and it was a lot of fun!
Bullz Pictures, Images and Photos
Loved the Bulls when I was younger - LOVED/OBSESSED!
Chicago White Sox Pictures, Images and Photos
And I DO love both the Cubs & SOX, I was born & rainsed a Sox Fan and went to lots of games as a kid!

We also always support the Fighting ILLINI!
Illini Pictures, Images and Photos
A lot of my family are alums and I've gone to lots of football and basketball games!
Peoria Chiefs Pictures, Images and Photos
Also been to see the Peoria Chiefs w/my sister and her school & had a great time! Baseball is the All-American Sport I feel, hotdogs, peanuts, etc. Always a good time!

Adam & I haven't been to many sporting events together in the last couple years, we definitely plan on doing that more often next year and in years to come once the kids are a little older!

Who are your favorite teams?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I loved the Bulls back in the day!! Fun pics, you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bears!! I am in the minority in NJ where most are Giants/Jets/Eagles fans but my daughter & I love to yell at the screen when they play

    DA BEARS!!!!

    Val

    Found you on Kelly's site:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoppin over from Kelly's... I HAD to the minute I saw Da Bears!!! I'm a HUGE Bears/Cubs/Bulls fan! I was born and raise in a small town outside of Chicago and live in TN now. I never wanted them to win the Superbowl more then I did in 2006. Payton Mannig is reverred here and I still get it rubbed in. THIS IS OUR YEAR!! WOO-HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on Kelly's too :) Had to click when I saw Da Bears! Originally a Chicagoan, we live in Indy now. Headed back to Illini country tomorrow for pumpkin picking (our daughter's first time!)...can't wait to get some new Illini onesies. GO BEARS and ILLINI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Arkansas but was fortunate enough to have a dad who raised me right...I can thank him for my love of Da Bears! I am also a big Arkansas Razorback fan but NOTHING compares to my first love!! Bear Down Chicago Bears!!!!

    ReplyDelete