Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

What a weekend. I am sitting here exhausted, still, even with going to bed at 930pm last night!

Friday I got off work and went to Wal-Mart, where I proceeded to walk around for almost 2 hours indecisively deciding what to get Wyatt for his birthday! A worker asked me if I was alright. Haha! We didn't do too much Friday night because we knew it was going to be a big weekend.

Saturday - Wyatt's birthday! Yay! He had SUCH a great day! We gave him his presents which included a tri-cycle, a potty chair, disney movies, and some other little things. We packed up and went to Grandma's because she was dying to give her presents! My Aunt Barbara's family was there. She has two little boys, my cousins, Tre who is 3, and Caleb will be 2 in December. So, Wyatt was more interested in playing with them than he was opening his presents! He got all sorts of fun stuff from Grandma, his favorites were probably a Thomas the Train set and a new sandbox!!! We hung around for a while before we made our way to Bloomington. Aunt Amy had called we made plans to take the kids somewhere. We got there and they just got a new basketball hoop. We had a blast playing for a couple hours. We were having so much fun we were just going to stay there but we decided to try out Mess it Up. A children's fun center...more like a center for nastiness and injuries! We only stayed for about 20 minutes because everything was either broken or filthy. I am not talking paint and messy fun stuff, I am talking dirt upon dirt. Even their hand sanitizer didn't work. It takes a lot for Adam to get grossed out and his skin was even crawling. So after a hand sanitizer bath, (which luckily I had in the diaper bag) when we left we went back to Amy's for yummy Taco Johns and Sponge Bob cupcakes they got for Wyatt. They were so sweet planning a mini bday party for Wyatt! Afterwards we went back to my mom's because more of the family had arrived. We visited for a while and headed home about 1130pm.

Sunday was crazy too! Wyatt, Tre, Alyssa, and Madison all celebrated their birthdays together! The whole family was down and it was so wonderful to see everyone! Usually we don't get to spend so much time with everyone but we got to stay all day and night and really enjoyed ourselves! Wyatt got some great presents from his great grandparents and great aunts & uncles! Of course their was wonderful food, as always! Adam made his stuffed shells again for our contribution! We even ate dove wrapped in bacon, my cousins and Grandpa hunted it. Adam and I really liked it! Literally Emmersyn was held from about 12pm-1130pm. I think she laid in her bassinet for maybe 1/2 hour! She got lots of lovin' from her great aunties! Later, everyone sat down to watch the dvd my Uncle Doug made for my Grandparents 50th Anniversary! It was so AWESOME! I cried, I swear! It was so neat to see their whole life together from them growing up to when they met, all their children, great grandchildren, and so on...They won at my wedding for the couple that had been married for the longest! They're awesome and such a CUTE couple! They spent the night in their motor home at my mom's and Grandpa wouldn't go to the motor home until she was ready because he wanted to be the one to walk her out to make sure she didn't fall. How sweet is that! I can't wait till me and my hubby are together for that long and we're looking back on all our pictures! :)

Monday we SWORE up and down we weren't leaving the house and going to be entirely lazy. Well, we were persuaded to go to town for a get together with Adam's family. His poor mom had been sick and we hadn't seen her in two weeks. We met about 1 and ate Little Ceasars. We played Ladder Ball almost all day, it was SO fun, Adam and I won a ton of games in a row! We kinda rock at that game! Wyatt got his birthday present from Debi and Mike, a GOLF SET! My son is OBSESSED with golf and this set is the real deal! A Walter Hagen mini set, driver, putter, wedge, bag and all, even a sock for the driver! Haha, he LOVES it! He also got his gift from Uncle Josh and Amanda, some bears clothes, a Wonder Pets toy and cars! Wyatt and Ella played together the whole time and had a blast! They started playing in the dirt, at first it was just picking it up and dropping it, then it turned into a HUGE dirt fest! They were covered head to toe, Wyatt actually looked like a brunette! It was so funny, they just giggled and had a great time! Then they got in the bath, of course I had to take the embarrassing cousin's in the bath pictures! We were really glad we went, we all hadn't gotten together in a long time and it was a lot of fun! Wyatt was out before we even hit the interstate at about 830pm and slept the whole night thru! I have to admit, we got home and I'd put the kids in their pjs before we left, stuck them in bed, got a bottle ready for Emme for the middle of the night, and I got in bed myself!

Today Adam and the kids are laying low while I am at work! Wyatt is FINALLY going to get to play with some of his new toys as we haven't been home except to sleep the last couple of days! Tonight, Grandma Adkins is going to watch Emmersyn while we take Wyatt to McDonald's and Ice Age 3 at the dollar theater! It's becoming our weekly ritual with Amy and the kids when there's kids movies playing! It's such a good time!

Thank you everyone for a great weekend! And for Wyatt's birthday, it was so wonderful, he got many cards, phone calls, birthday wishes and presents. You all are so special to him, and us!!

Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment