Emme had a very relaxing and wonderful weekend herself. She got to stay with Nana and Papa in Normal. She was SO good, Debi kept saying how great she did, she only cried when she was hungry, which is easily appeased! In fact, LITTLE BUGGER slept from 8pm - 2am the first night and 8pm - 330am the second night! 6 and 7 1/2 hrs! Of course, last night, first night home, up every 3-4! Haha! I thought that was great though!
On the Emmersyn subject, we got the Galactosemia results back. Her DNA genes were normal, galactose (milk sugars) were normal also. However the GALT enzyme that turns it into glucose is on a scale of 0 (producing no enzyme-classical/worst form of Galactosemia)-18.6 (what a normal person produces), Emmersyn's result was a 5.7. Therefore, she is producing some, however there is definitely a deficiency. The geneticist is out of the office until tomorrow so I expect she'll call tomorrow. The man the relayed the information indicated it sounded like a mild form, therefore there probably wouldn't be a course of change, except for in formula to soy based possibly. The bad news is that it is not something that she'll 'outgrow', it's code in her body. As things are now though, it's not seeming to effect her, so that is a good sign too. We'll see!
Lastly, my job went GREAT! I think I am really going to like it, however, I've got a long road ahead of me! Nice guy, extremely unorganized, so I was a bit overwhelmed today but after I left I sat down this evening and made a checklist of things to do, I will just need to take some baby steps! I'm really excited to go tomorrow and see what head-way I can make!
Well, I better get little man in bed so I can get some sleep! I will leave you with some new pictures I took of Wy-guy mostly, a few of Emmersyn! He had fun playing in Grandma's water fountain which I took as a photo opportunity, as well as playing in the puddles last night here at home. Enjoy!
![]() |
| August 09 |
(I know I've had Aunts ask for pics and these web albums you should be able to download whichever pictures you want)

SO glad you guys had fun!!! And the pics turned out great!!!
ReplyDeleteAND excited for ya that the job is going good!! And I'm WAY excited that you'll always have weekends off - speaking of, we need to get together soon. I miss those sweet babies and I'd LOVE if you'd let me play around w/ your Rebel!!!
Talk to ya later girl! LOVE YA!