Mr. Wyatt has always been a night owl and hates to go to sleep at night, especially at a respectable time! We got to bed about 10:30 last night. He woke up screaming again with a night mare. This is the second one in about 2 weeks! I feel so bad for him. He tries to get off the bed and is almost impossible to hold as he's flailing around not even aware of what is going on. It's quite traumatic for both him and us. So this happened about 2 am. Finally he went to sleep after a lot of cuddling and watching the weather channel (I put that on at night for light, plus it's not real stimulating like cartoons are)! About that time, little Miss Emmersyn wakes up hungry. So needless to say I was up from about 2-4:30ish and up for work at 7.
Speaking of lack of sleep, one of the Blogs I follow = Kelly's Korner did a post yesterday on things in parenthood that you find easier than expected, and harder than expected...I thought I'd do this too, (as I am sooo busy at work, hehe)
Motherhood has come pretty naturally to me I feel. I think that I have a pretty good instinct when it comes to my kids for the most part so I will start with easier...
THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN EASIER THAN I IMAGINED:
Well, not going to lie, going through this list is an eye opener, maybe parenting isn't as easy as I thought, in a different kind of way though!
I will leave you with the same question, I think I needed this, it's a good reflection on myself!
::What about you? What has been different about motherhood than you expected? Easier or Harder?::
Take Care!
Motherhood has come pretty naturally to me I feel. I think that I have a pretty good instinct when it comes to my kids for the most part so I will start with easier...
THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN EASIER THAN I IMAGINED:
- Lack of Sleep! It's only appropriate I start here! I have never been known to need an excess of sleep, however, I never would've known I could go on so little and function! My kids really are pretty good sleepers, it's those nights with a sick baby, bad dreams, and up every 2 hours in Emmersyn's case the first month that begin to wear on you after time goes by, but somehow you just adjust!
- Pregnancy! I would probably be considered one of the most lucky people when it came to both of my pregnancies, I never got sick once, (although with Wyatt I very much disliked my boss at the time-so they thought I got sick a few times ha!). I only had back problems towards the end which is par for the course, and HEARTBURN like CrAzY, again, par for the course!
- Delivery! Again, very lucky in this department! Epidural=Lifesaver! I thoroughly enjoyed both of my children being born because I was not in ANY pain during or immediately after...the next couple of weeks, well that's another story :) I also had good deliveries with no complications!
- Taking my kids places! We go EVERYWHERE, ..Restaurants, basketball games, shopping, etc...we were never restricted. We love to be on the go, take them to see things, and keep them active, show them all we can!
- Finding time to read with the kids! This is something that's super important to me, doesn't matter how crazy our day is, we ALWAYS read before bed!
- Keeping the house picked up (toys away, dishes done, floors vacuumed in particular)! I am kinda neurotic about my house being picked up! I can't stand them being amongst dirty dishes and on an unvacuumed floor. I vacuum pretty much everyday at least once, it's my OCD for sure! Our house is totally cluttered but it all has a place..sort of :)
- Stress! I feel like I can get through any situation because of my kids, #1 because I have to, to do what's best for them. #2 because they don't even know it because they are so small but they pull me through all my troubles, whether it be money, loss, etc, just by being them, everything we do is for them and they make us so happy! They are little stress relievers with their innocence and good heartiness!
- Teaching them! Whether it be life lessons or book smarts. I try to teach them all the important things that I know! I never want to miss out on an opportunity to teach them something. I want to teach them about all the good virtues a person should have and about life so they can excel in anyway they can.
Well, not going to lie, going through this list is an eye opener, maybe parenting isn't as easy as I thought, in a different kind of way though!
- Discipline! Oh my goodness, I am AWFUL in this department. Either I can't keep a straight face because my kid is hilarious, or I feel bad for the little man after he's been reprimanded! I am very big softy. He gets away with a lot and it's probably going to be to his detriment someday, as long as he's not doing anything dangerous I try to let the boy just be a boy! Emmersyn is going to have the same effect on me too, I already know it!
- Injuries and sicknesses! Oh my, I can't stand to see my children hurting or sick. Like any other parent I would do anything to take away hurt and pain. I have constant anxiety when they are sick or hurt of whether or not I should call the Dr., am I doing the right things etc. Definitely full of second guessing myself, although I am conservative when it comes to my kids. I will let something go on with me for a long time, but not them, safer than sorry!
- Time away from Me! I thought for sure I'd be okay with babysitters, letting them go to friends etc. I have huge beef with this. I will not let them stay with someone who I have not known my whole life (ie, parents, close relatives, extremely close friends). Not only that, we usually end up going to get them even if they are supposed to spend the night. Not to mention calling 800 times to check on them. I like them home with us. I need to ease up on this but I get separation anxiety more than them :)
- Deep cleaning! Non-existent in my house?! I hate it that its like that! I am pretty crazy about cleaning the bathroom, but my poor floors, geesh! It will get easier when Em's a little bigger and now that I'm not preggers. That's my hope anyway!
- Time for playing! This is my biggest disappointment in myself. I have such a hard time balancing work and play. Seems like everyday I have to spend hours picking up, household duties, bills etc and preparing for the next day that I don't have near enough play time and one on one time especially at this point. I feel like I am drowning in responsibilities sometimes. I am still learning to balance this and it is getting better. I just have to ignore the houses condition, which is sooo hard for me, I get this from my Dad :), and I used to always tell him to chill about it, now I get it a bit more! Hehe! Turn off the computer until they're in bed, I'm easily distracted! And remember they're only little once!
I will leave you with the same question, I think I needed this, it's a good reflection on myself!
::What about you? What has been different about motherhood than you expected? Easier or Harder?::
Take Care!
No comments:
Post a Comment