Thursday, April 2, 2009

18 month check up!

Well, Wyatt is sleeping and I have the day off so therefore, finally some time to catch up! Today we had Wyatt's 18 month check up! He was having a great ol' time seeing all the kids in the waiting area, got back in the room and was chatting up a storm with the nurse...until we had to undress him, then he definitely knew where we were. You could tell it just all came back to him! He only had to get one shot today though, and get this:

NO MORE SHOTS UNTIL KINDERGARDEN!!!!!
Very big accomplishment of course. He doesn't go back until 24 months, right after his second birthday. Okay, this is a good thing, especially on behalf of him, but it totally blows my mind that the next time we'll be in that dr.'s office will be with our new little girl! Crazy, then we'll get to start the whole shot series all over again! Yuck. Today was different for me though, my little man is getting so big, you go in every couple weeks at first, then monthly, then every three months, now 6 and soon a year! I just don't know where the time has gone.
So here is Wyatt's current stats:
Height: 32 3/4 inches - 60%
Weight: 24 lbs 14 oz - 40%
Head Circumference 19 in - 60%
Pretty much right on what he's been, long lean and big headed! Haha! Dr. Knoll says he looks fantastic and is healthy as can be, what we LOVE to hear!
As for our other little one, she's growing like a weed as well. I had an appointment last Tuesday and already have to go back on April 7 for the DREADED GLUCOSE TEST :(
Drinking the stuff, not so bad, bloodwork --BAD! I will probably survive. Then two weeks later (the 21st) we have what I think is our last ultrasound at 30 weeks. We're starting the every two week appointments now! We've been very boring Dr. Weaver tells us and we like boring! She is approx. 2.4 pounds now and more than 15 inches long! Now's when she starts putting on lots of weight, too bad I have already started that, a long time ago!
Adam was laid off all last week and only has 3 more working days until he's laid off again, April 8-April 20. He got lots of yard work and house work done, and I didn't even have any honey-do lists (in writing anyway)! Wyatt loved having him home, he's quite a daddy's boy anyway and it was pretty traumatic when Daddy had to go to work Saturday :(. I got 4 days this week, one more than usual which is definitely welcomed.
Spring weather is definitely bringing lots of events, we're going garage saleing at the interstate center this weekend, followed by cousin Ashley Pinney's baby shower later in the day. Seems like every weekend is booking up fast! Well, I'm sure I missed lots of stuff but this is LONG ENOUGH as it is!
Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amber, our precious and beautify granddaughter for posting pictures and messages about your great family and our super great-grandson.
    We love you and family,
    Grandpaw and grandmaw Ad.

    ReplyDelete